Sunday, November 29, 2009

Golden Gate Drama


Golden Gate Drama, originally uploaded by Della Huff Photography.

It was a dramatic day at Marshall's Beach yesterday. The wind was whipping up whitecaps on the bay and ocean, and some pretty serious waves were pounding the boulders along the beach.

It was almost weird taking pictures in the daytime since I've taken so many twilight shots over the past several months. I used a circular polarizer to bring out the blue in the sky and slow down my shutter speed enough to get an interesting wave crash. I wish I could have stayed for sunset -- even slower shutter speed would have been fun with the wave action. The tide was coming in fast and I was starting to get wet atop a big rock, so I hightailed it out of there. Some other time, I guess!

Canon 5D, Canon 24-70L, f/22, 1/6s, ISO 50. Tiffen circular polarizer.

No comments: