Friday, December 23, 2011

Early Christmas Present: Crescent Moonrise

I am SO glad I woke up this morning. I am not fantastic at early mornings, particularly on a day off, and especially when I'm 40 minutes away from a shooting location (couldn't they have built another bridge from Berkeley to the Golden Gate? C'mon, it would have been a great idea!)

I was headed straight for the Headlands to catch the barest crescent of the last day's moon - can you see it? You have to look closely - the moon's disk is only 3% illuminated.

The moonrise was fantastic, and then this incredible sunrise lasted nearly an hour!

So thank you, San Francisco, for the early Christmas present.

And by the way, this is straight. out. of. the. camera. I only applied sharpening. That's how good the sunrise was!

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 70-200L, f/6.3 @ 2 seconds, ISO 320.

No comments: