Thursday, April 1, 2010

Golden Gate Lineup: Vertical Lines

Here's another shot of the Golden Gate Bridge lineup that I shot last month on a beautiful, clear spring evening from the Marin Headlands. One of my favorite things about this image are the graphic straight lines in the bridge and in the streaming traffic lights. The Golden Gate Bridge is graceful from almost every angle, but from head on, most of its lines are at 90 degree angles and the bridge takes on a more rigid character. I also like how these rigid straight lines contrast with the wild coast just beyond the bridge.

Tomorrow morning I'll be cruising out under the Golden Gate on a whale watching excursion to the Farallon Islands. In all my life in Bay Area, I've never seen the Farallons up close. I'm excited!

Canon 5D, Canon 100-400L, f/18 @ 30s, ISO 50. No filters.

To see more, visit:
www.dellahuffphotography.com
dellahuffphoto.blogspot.com

No comments: