Thursday, April 29, 2010

San Francisco Moonset

This image finally happened.

I've been envisioning this one since I moved to the Berkeley Hills last July. For every full moonset since then, the moon has been too far north or south, the weather hasn't worked, or I've been out of town. This morning, everything aligned, including one of the clearest mornings I've seen from the Berkeley Hills.

The first light of sunrise is just touching the skyline in this image, but just 10 minutes earlier there was a beautiful alpenglow and the moon looked like a giant luminous pearl in the sky. It wasn't quite close enough to the skyline then for the image I wanted, though.

It looks like the weather has cleared up in the Bay Area, hopefully for good. I'm ready for summer!

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 100-400L, f/5.6 @ 1/200, ISO 400.

To see more, visit:
www.dellahuffphotography.com
dellahuffphoto.blogspot.com

No comments: